Old 17-10-2010, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Borlotti Beans

Roger Tonkin wrote:
Just before I went away for a couple of weeks, I picked some almost dry
borlotti and shelled them, put them in a tray to dry in the greenhouse
and forgot them!

The beans are clearly quite dry, but they have turned from a creamy
white + purpleish red colour to a pale coffee colour + purpleish red!
BUT only on the top, the bottom is still the expected colour.

I think they may have a sun tan!

However does anyone know if they will still be OK for keeping and eating
(not for seed).

Can't think of any reason why not - blues, reds and purples can be very
fugitive in sunlight.

--
Rusty