Old 18-10-2010, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Chickens

"Pete" wrote in message

"Judith in France" wrote in message

LOL. My very elderly neighbour kept just a couple of chickens for
herself, I have no idea how old they were but they had no feathers!

Hardly an endangered species - they should be necked when
the feed/keep expenditure exceeds their egg income.

" I've just realised I'm talking retirement homes for
hens here!! ;-) "

Silly talk, most definitely (:-(

That's your own opinion, Pete. Whilst I agree if you rely on egg sales for
your daily bread of course they have be killed and replaced, if you don't
and you wish to keep them after a few years of good production to give a
retirement I think that is perfect.
Unless you don't have room for the new ones, but luckily I do. If you don't
then you just have to go out there one evening, snatch them off their perch
when they are going to bed (best time, so as not to upset them) and break
their necks.
Tina