Old 19-10-2010, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Bird Box Saga - The Final Chapter

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Bill Grey
writes

I had a nest box which blue tits chose in 2006, and I caught 5
fledgelings
emerging by placing my camcorder on the dining room window ledge, and
cabling it to a DVD recorder which was left running for hours when the
fledging was due. This determined pair managed to win the box from
bumble bee which tried to steal it. I got some amusing footage of
BT
sparring with bumble bee at the entrance. :-)

I did manage to get some video of the mother blue tit feeding the chicks
soon after which the fledglings left the box. I was standing very quiety
and still about 8ft from the nest box.
The fledglings are totally naive and do not know the fear of humans - at
least for a while

Bill

I took some shots of a chick peering out at the world for the first time
by creeping up close.
I still have one or two on my photograph site:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/16201411

I like the "Second Look" shot - lovely.

Bill
--