Old 19-10-2010, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Favourite GYO

wrote ...((snip))
I've been having a think, and I've definitely come up with one single item
that I would /really/ miss if I couldn't grow it myself. There were a few
that I would miss cos they Just Aren't the Same from the supermarket, and
there are some where we just grow them for fun/easy/something to do.

Ones I could easily replace with Supermarker/Greengrocer produce...
Courgettes
French Beans
Parsnips (not that keen on them)
Swede (see below)
Strawberries (see below)

Don't agree with your pain to grow list, they are all dead easy to grow
here.
I find the following a pain to grow....
Strawberries (weeds)
Raspberries (run everywhere)
Swede (get mildew and rot)

Ones I would miss or could not replace...
Thai Dragon chillies (hot)
Inferno chillies (mild)
Various potato varieties
Ferline and Fantasio Toms ( superb flavour when cooked in a sauce or just
fried)
Sprouts and cabbages
Peas
Shallots