Old 19-10-2010, 05:49 PM
tso617 tso617 is offline
Registered User

Default Caterpillar Identification Help please!

Hi,

My son found a caterpillar in the wood next to the house and we are having trouble finding it, I am worried that it maybe an alien species. Unfortunately we did not get a photograph of it. All I can do is describe:

Around 5cm long, mainly green, but when it elongates it shows black segments, it has 3/4 white warty like lumps two thirds the way down it's length from it's head. It has mainly green hairs, but there was a striking red tuft on it's head.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks,

Will