Old 19-10-2010, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Glyphosphate!

On 19 Oct, 10:48, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 18/10/2010 22:06, alan.holmes wrote:

Is it possible to get about 4 or 5kg at a reasonable price?

Why buy it now? The weather is already too cold for it to have a full
effect - applied at this time of year is a waste. Break the seal and
oxidation of the contents will make it less effective next year.

I also think you mean that you want a useable liquid formulation
containing glyphosate as the active ingredient rather than the reagent
grade raw material in solid form which is what you asked for.

The stuff in garden centres is exoensive!

How many acres are you planning to defoliate?
A small bottle of the concentrate (~500ml) lasts me a couple of years.

The concentrate is available from agricultural wholesalers if you have
the licence to use it. I doubt they will sell bulk agrochemicals to
random members of the public without a business account.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Yes they do.