Old 19-10-2010, 11:42 PM posted to alt.motorcycles,alt.usenet.kooks,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.gardens
Hitman Hero Hitman Hero is offline

Default The MacFreak poster boy

Steve Carroll wrote:
On Oct 19, 4:33 pm, "Redjak" wrote:
"Steve Carroll" wrote in message

On Oct 19, 2:53 pm, "Redjak" wrote:
Jimmy Lee Jr.

Because you're jus' trolling I'll now punish you by boring you with
my Jimmy Lee story and a proud father moment , to boot (they
happened on the same day so why not?)

When I first saw the name Jimmy Lee in this ng I thought it might
be a guy I used to jam with in CA but I never bothered to ask him
(he wasn't acting like the guy I remember). In the old days (mid to
late 70s) the guy I knew went by his real name, Jim Collins, but
I'd heard that he'd changed it to Jimmy Lee (note the spelling) for
stage use. I'll get back to this in a bit... told you I was gonna
punish you

On the day these events both occurred the proud father moment was a
gig my boys played (their first real gig) at a local club close to
us. This gig was performed on the same day that a SPAH (http://
www.spah.org/) convention was held in Denver. My bro in law is a
harp player and he went to it, as did a local harp player named Clay
Kirkland and they were surprised to see each other later at the
venue my sons were playing at; my boys were opening the show for
Clay that night (thankfully, to a packed house). Clay came in and
was walking past the band stand towards the back of the club. He's
mainly a blues player, though he appreciates jazz music so he
quickly glanced over at the band to see who it was, I suppose, but
then kept walking for a second. He stopped dead in his tracks. a
few feet from me. He looked back at the stage, then he turned
towards me with a look of astonishment that quickly dissolved into
a huge grin. My youngest son was on bass and playing a really nice
solo on a pretty tricky jazz tune (Giant Steps) done at a quick
tempo. The funny part is that, at 12 years old, my kid looked like
he was about 9, hence Clay's double- take.

Back to the Jimmy Lee part of your punishment Later that night I
went to some harmonica performances down in Denver by some of the
SPAH attendees (Jason Ricci played) and Jim was there, too. I
hadn't seen him since the 'old days' and almost didn't recognize
him (he didn't have a lot of hair We talked shit for awhile and I
eventually found out that he had changed his name, to "Jimi Lee"
(http:// www.jimileeband.com/). I don't think Jimmy Lee is Jimi Lee
(who is really Jim Collins)... but ya never know

A nice story. I don't think it's the same Jimmy Lee though. The only
instrument this Jimmy Lee can play is the skin flute. "Meat whistle
blues" is the song he's best known for.

Geez... I was trying a new tactic here... mesmerize the troll into
submission... but it failed miserably.

I see I'm gonna have to come up with a new plan

LOL!