Old 20-10-2010, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Frost! and general garden blog

Derald wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Yes but with seasons reversed, I am pulling the last cabbages etc to
make room to plant tomato seedlings.

And my first winter cabbages are just emerging, the turnips and
mustard greens and "English" peas are a few inches tall. Overnight
lows in high 40s to mid-50s (7-12?) portend the end to the tomatoes,
cukes, basil to be replaced by more peas! Bulbing onions and garlic go
in this month, too. Root knot so debilitated this year's eggplants
(aubergine) and bell peppers that I uprooted them early this year.
Definitely gonna try some of those cannibalistic nematodes!
I'm in west-central Florida, USA. Although we're having a taste
of autumn, plenty of hot weather remains in store.

OT Aside: Did you settle on a "most droolworthy" melon for this
season?

Not OT one little bit. I am going to try Ha Ogen melons

David