Old 20-10-2010, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Fresh Butter Beans

"Plum" wrote in
om:

Has anyone ever eaten fresh butter beans? I think they are the
delicious large beans we had in Greece but I have only ever seen the
dried sort in England, including those reconstituted in tins.

More to the point - has anyone ever grown them in UK? Never seen any
seed beans.

Now you mention it I miss butter beans from my school days.
Below is a link and if I can fin a space in my garen gonna give some a try.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...er-bean-seeds_
12941.html

Baz
BTW you will have to copy the link and paste it to your web browser.