Old 21-10-2010, 05:49 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
Has anyone ever eaten fresh butter beans? I think they are the delicious
large beans we had in Greece but I have only ever seen the dried sort in
England, including those reconstituted in tins.

More to the point - has anyone ever grown them in UK? Never seen any seed
beans.
having eaten them several times in the last week ... 1) according to one menu they're Lima beans (and certainly match my memory of lima beans) 2) all the ones we had were the dried beans - just properly cooked, until tender.