Old 21-10-2010, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Favourite GYO

echinosum wrote in
:

No Name;903267 Wrote:
I've been having a think, and I've definitely come up with one single
item
that I would /really/ miss if I couldn't grow it myself.

Mulberries - never seen those for sale
Sweet-enough-to-eat-raw gooseberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants
Specific varieties of chilli
Damsons

Gooseberries. They are sooo good arent they.
Leave some to ripen if you can resist next year and there are lots of
varieties to plant now in Autumn for harvest next year, some early, some
mid, some late. An underestimated fruit.
Greenfly can ruin them though, as can milew(?)
Get it right and you are in goosegog heaven.

Baz