Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Phil Williamson

Default planted tank lighting

Ok, sounds possible with a little help for me to put the CF in. I'll have
to go to the local hardware store and see if they have what I need.

I'm from windsor, Ontario. It's just on the boarder to Detroit. Where are
you from?

Phil..

"Haywire" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
I did it for the 1st time when I set my 27G up after I had the 20G stable,

planned on doing the 20G to at least 40W, but the dammed fish in the tank
laid eggs and started raising fry and are about to do it again.

one thing I found out was that the ballast for the CF is quite small I
recall it's about 7 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" , I assume that the rapid start

ballast
in the marineland tank is similar in size. The CF bulb is wider than the
18W you have, but is about the same height.

As far as the wiring and stuff goes it's quite simple.
hey, I just noticed cogeco, what part of Canada?