Old 22-10-2010, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Call for discussion on subjects that should be labelled OT

"Suzanne D." wrote:
"phorbin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"phorbin" wrote in message

Thoughts or additions anyone?

I would suggest that instead of putting OT: people just put OT
without the
colon, as some news readers strip anything before the colon when
replying.
So the "OT" would not show up in some replies, and would make it
through to
anyone who was filtering it.
--S.

Which newsreader does this?

Well, mine, for one. (I think it's Windows Mail.) Do you notice that
in my original reply the OT was no longer there? there are several
other replies that do not have the OT before the colon.
--S.

I was wondering why I would see a separation of threads. Now I know!
Microsoft and their crappy software. Glad i have a Mac. OT without the
colon then.

Does your mail program also remove the colons from RE and FW's from
eMails as also?

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)