Old 23-10-2010, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default OT Eaarth

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Dan L wrote:
"FarmI" wrote:
"Dan L" wrote:

If you watch PBS a lot much of this information is already known

What is the significance of PBS? I'm not in the US but do get to see
PBS
news (sometimes). I know what PBS stands for but why is watching PBS
(as
opposed to any other US network) of relevance to knowing these facts?

I sometimes forget that this is a global forum. PBS, Public Broadcast
Service, is an American non profit television network that is funded by
the US government and donations. In many ways they have better
programming than for profit television. PBS is not concerned about
profits and will often "tell it like it is". They tend to favor the
scientific communities when it comes to the environment and evolution.
For profit broadcasting will lean against global warming or evolution
views because of commercial funds from polluting companies and religious
programming.
http://www.pbs.org/

and a very nice thing for those with longer attention
spans who despise being interrupted when a program
gets interesting is that they do all the sponsor messages
at the beginning and end of a program. i can't watch
regular commercial tv or listen to commercial radio
stations because i turn them off when commercials come
on (too loud, too obnoxious, too ignorant, etc).

songbird

Once read that the less the content the more technical events are
needed. Think of technical events as walking in the woods when you
hear or see a branch snap. I used to count technical events and point
them out to my family but the technical events won out.
I used to read books about the elimination of TV or Amusing our
selves to death then there is Marshall Mcluhan.
So PBS has 15 technical events minute and Fox news has 30 and a regular
commercial has 60. Simple as that. Gardening btw has about 3 technical
events unless the birds are about.

Count for your self it won't matter. MEDIA rules.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/