Old 23-10-2010, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AZ Nomad[_3_] AZ Nomad[_3_] is offline

Default OT Eaarth

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:33:52 -0400, songbird wrote:
and a very nice thing for those with longer attention
spans who despise being interrupted when a program
gets interesting is that they do all the sponsor messages
at the beginning and end of a program. i can't watch
regular commercial tv or listen to commercial radio
stations because i turn them off when commercials come
on (too loud, too obnoxious, too ignorant, etc).

I run mythtv which does a very good job of autoskipping commercials.

Everything I watch is timeshifted. If a show I like is played at any time
on any channel, It'll get recorded. Sometimes a show will go off the
air but return a year later and it'll start recording it again.