Old 23-10-2010, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default overwintering a 'standard fuchsia'

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:42:40 +0100, "dido22"
wrote:

I am growing a fuchsia, 'Dark Eyes' which I hope will become a 'standard
fuchsia' in a few years time.

Agree with Jake,

A greenhouse will keep a degree of frost off, when it gets colder than
use the fleece.

In an unheated greenhouse one, two or even three layers of garden
fleece will keep the plant happy as long as it 'lies' on top of the
plant, and tucked in. (only for cold nights, otherwise keep the air
moving)

Fuchsia are tough plants , keep them on the dry side, but not dust
dry, Your plant will rather get 'cold' than 'wet and cold'

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info