Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
RifRaf

Default Yellow spots on Nana leaves - Iron defficiency?

Leigh,

Thanks tremendously for the insightful help.

One thing I thought I'd never be doing tho is actually ADDING nitrates
to the tank LOL!! but then again, I'm still learning about plants.

Chris

On 14 Dec 2002 01:52:53 GMT, oSpam (LeighMo) wrote:

....and that's even after not having done any vacuuming for several
weeks.

That's common in brightly-lit planted tanks. Quite often, you have to add
nitrate.

Otherwise, the Red Ludwiga that I've had in there for about 1-2 weeks
is growing like CRAZY!

Which is why your nitate is zero. :-)

Would someting like Duplaplant gravel sticks (or whatever they're
called) help this situation? Can I somehow fertizize?

That might help the anubias. It does root in the gravel. Stem plants tend to
get their nutrients from the water, though, and so does java fern.

I think you might see a lot of improvement if you add some nitrate to the tank.
Harder water would probably help, too.

Leigh