Old 24-10-2010, 04:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default OT Eaarth

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Dan L wrote:

Billy wrote:

I'd suggest, KPFA (Pacifica), a listener supported radio station
out
of Bezerkley, CA ), where the content is for the listener, and
not
the
underwriters.

Oh God Noooo!,,,,, Gospel singing on a Saturday morning is just not
my
style.

How about my style...
http://www.peterwerbe.com/
Ultra, ULTRA left wing talk radio on WRIF Detroit, Sunday night 11pm
-1am EST

Thing is, it isn't about your style, or my style (which is usually in
bed by 10 PM). The station is for all people with their divergent
tastes
that want to know what's happening in their community. One thing you
won't find, however, is a commercial for Depends, or male erectile
dysfunction, or some other glitzy ad that never mentions what the
product does. The result, is some programs that you won't like, and
some
you will love. As far as gospel, there's nuthin' wrong with a little
gospel music. It's over by 9 AM. I often get a lick of gospel with
"Prairie Home Companion" as well. Like the lady said," You just got to

get your hip into it". It would be a great day in the morning, if
Jesus
could wash some of our sins away. We seem to be up to the tops of our
dairy boots in it. Oh, "Happy Day". In any event, it doesn't
inconvenience me, as I won't have finished my paper and coffee, and
staring out the windows until 9 AM anyway.

I start my day letting out and feeding the animals, one dog, one cow,
five chickens, about thirty minutes. Then breakfast for my self and
about 9am i start to read the news on my iPad, TV noise in the
background with a cup of coffee.

I do not listen to that station much. I listened to it once in a while
for a different point of view coming home from work in my pickup truck.
At home I have Internet radio that has over 24,000 live radio stations
from the world. I tend to pick some technology stations and sometimes
talk shows on gardening. There are Australian stations that I can pickup
as well, they use word "mate" allot in their commercials. How about
amateur radio, I am N8... if I posted that then every one would know
exactly who and where I am

I lean toward alternative music for personal listening. I listen to
classical music for music for family slide shows. I have a variety of
music for dancing: Madonna for hustle, Sinatra for fox trot, Julio
Iglesias for tango, Englebert Humperdinck for waltz, My two step is
awful, another reason not to like country

Again, I am a kid in a candy store of life.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)