Old 24-10-2010, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:30:18 +0100, Donwill wrote:

People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year
or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of
the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in. Don

The official launch of the fund (at least here in Jersey) is a week from
today, exactly two weeks before remembrance Sunday. So from then on, if
you want to avoid the attentions of the sellers. My problem is that at
this time of year I don't need to wear a jacket or coat here and if I
bought one for every fleece, polo shirt and tee-shirt I might wear in
that fortnight I'd be broke