Old 24-10-2010, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 Donwill wrote:

People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year or
is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of the
11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.

I noticed this. It always had been two weeks before Remembrance Sunday but
this year it appears to be three weeks. Don't remember any announcement
about this.

Seems longer this year as well because Remembrance Sunday is on a later
date than the average year.
The official appeal launch day is next Thursday round here, I read in the
local paper iirc.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com