Old 24-10-2010, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 Pete wrote:

People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this
year or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th
day of the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I
usually wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.

I noticed this. It always had been two weeks before Remembrance
Sunday but this year it appears to be three weeks. Don't remember any
announcement about this.

Seems longer this year as well because Remembrance Sunday is on a
later date than the average year.

It is always on the Sunday nearest to the 11th. So the 14th (this year)
is as late and the 8th is as early as it can be.

David

http://rance.org.uk