Old 24-10-2010, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

In article , Pete
writes
Now that I have retired - I can now choose to attend a service locally
that takes place on 11/11.
I will attend the service on the 14th. by television only

I go to the Service at Westminster Abbey on the 11th when we can lay
crosses in the Garden of Remembrance and the Parade on the Saturday .
The last couple of years have seen many more people lining the streets
when we lay the wreaths at the Cenotaph for the War Widows.

It's so busy in London on the Sunday that like you i choose to do the
local one on the Sunday.
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy