Old 24-10-2010, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Petrol mower overwintering help

"Don Phillipson" writes:

Here in N.America the idle winter period lasts 5-6 months. We:
1. Run these motors until dry. This is mainly to avoid petrol
additives gumming up the carburettor during the winter.
2. Remove spark plug, add a few drops of motor oil and
pull the starter gently to lubricate piston and crank.
3. Drain the sump of 4-stroke motors.

wrote in message ...

Here in New England I've been doing nothing.
2 stroke, 4 stroke, it doesn't matter.

Agreed, for certain brands it doesn't matter: but it is important
for some: and few homeowners know in October whether their
mower will start in April or not.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs