Old 24-10-2010, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default "Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!!

We have NEVER had a problem with skunks digging up our yard in the last
10+ years. But guess what, he was out there again last night at 4:30 am
destroying our yard. I got up at 4:30 am to get a glass of water, and I
look at the window, and there he is, like 5 feet from the back steps
ripping up the grass and making dirt fly everywhere.

I banged on the back, metal storm door, and the SOB skunk looked at me,
and went back to digging up the yard. I banged it again, and he looked
at me again with an earthworm in his mouth, and went back to digging yet
again! So I banged on the door again hard a Third time, and he finally
wandered away.

Also, moth balls are now proven to be TOTALLY USELESS!!!! I put about 20
mothballs each in some empty plastic soup bowls, and placed them in
about 6 spots where this pest has been digging. Well guess what he did,
he just dug AROUND the bowls with the mothballs like they weren't even
there!!!! The smell didn't seem to bother him one bit!?