Old 24-10-2010, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Moss

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Roger Tonkin" wrote ...

Wife cleared a load of moss from the drive, but I just managed to stop
her throwing it onto the compost heap.

She asked why? What is the reason please!

Other than you might want it for hanging baskets or potting orchids (if
it's sphagnum) I can see no reason why it should not be put on the compost
heap.

I use mine for hanging baskets and for potting my orchids. It also, when
dry, makes a handy artificial birds' nest to be hung up in a pot when some
baby bird or other falls out and the mother won't land on the ground. Hang
the pot in a tree with the chick in it and wait to see what happens.

someone