Old 25-10-2010, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

In message , Donwill
writes
People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year
or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of
the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.
Don

Not sure about the dates, I usually get one when I see a poppy seller.

I usually choose the very basic poppy, and make a donation, rather than
buy an elaborate one, because when I asked a lady who was selling them
she told me that they make more on the simple ones which cost almost
nothing to produce.
Having been a member of the British Legion I get many opportunities to
buy raffle tickets and make donations which pop through my letter box
several times per year. :-)

Remember that they are now needing even more to help the servicemen
maimed or mentally scarred in the two recent wars....
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply