Old 25-10-2010, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Glyphosphate!

On 25/10/2010 12:11, Rusty Hinge wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Ground elder gives up the ghost pretty easily you just have to keep at
it. Never letting the plant see the sun is the key.

What I want is a *BIG* container - six feet across or more, so I can
grow ground elder without it spreading everywhere.

Do you have gout or something? It sets seed so you have to be a bit
careful. I have some that self seeded into a trough ~3'x2' I didn't spot
in time and it is going to require the whole lot emptied to get rid of
it. Too much risk of collateral damage to kill the GE in situ.

GE is shallow rooted I suspect that 18" paving slabs or slates on end
would be enough to contain it. On my clay soil it is a bit of a nuisance
but is killed by repeated close mowing or chemicals. I have an endless
supply of the stuff in the adjacent field.

And another one six feet deep so I can grow horseradish without it
digging its toes in for evermore...

Not sure I would invite that into my garden.

Regards,
Martin Brown