Old 25-10-2010, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Donwill" wrote ...
People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year
or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of
the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.

Not even seen anyone selling Poppies yet.

The British Legion Poppy Appeal campaign has been launched. The boxes
of poppies went out in the mail to shops and businesses over the
weekend.

IIRC the BBC policy is that presenters wear poppies from the campaign
launch until the 11th, or it could be until Rememberance Sunday.