Old 25-10-2010, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Glyphosphate!

On 25/10/2010 14:06, wrote:
Martin wrote:
What I want is a *BIG* container - six feet across or more, so I can
grow ground elder without it spreading everywhere.

Do you have gout or something?

Is ground elder supposed to be good for gout? That will amuse* my dad, as
he spent years tryign to eradicate it (ground elder /and/ gout, actually!)
and eventually gave up and moved house.

I understand that is why the Romans imported it. I have never eaten it
myself since mine usually has more than a trace of weedkiller(s) in it!

http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/an...Ground%20Elder

The young leaves are supposed to be OK to eat like spinach (but then
most young leaves that are not actually toxic probably are too).
Read the caution about eating it after flowering has started.

If it has somewhere you hide you cannot fully eradicate it, but on my
clay soil it is the easiest of the pernicious weeds to control. I have a
lot more bother with bindweed and even nettles (maybe same).

Regards,
Martin Brown