Old 25-10-2010, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Pruning queries

In message , writes
In article ,
Gordon H wrote:

This made me smile... A couple of years ago I cut two honeysuckle
shrubs down to 6" stumps to allow access for my garage to be re-roofed.

After the job was done, I planted two more alongside the stumps, late in
the year, and tied them in to a trellis on the garage wall.
The following year the new ones were struggling to compete with the
vigorous shoots from the stumps. :-)

Yes. That happens with almost all natural shrubs. But, be warned
about honeysuckle - that will happen with some of them, but others
will die. My guess is that it is the Eurasian ones that are the
natural shrubs and the American ones the 'trees', but I haven't
tried more than a few.
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The ones I thought I had killed were 3"-4" dia stumps, I had to use my
electric Sabre saw to get them so short.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply