Old 25-10-2010, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening problem quick covering plants

Stevenl wrote:
I have just built a house which has a large garden. The house was cut
into the hill and as such I now have massive areas of steep slopes
which need covering to prevent erosion and to look nicer. The
question is what plants can I put on this sloping land that cover
very quickly and can live in sandy soil. A plant that can be grown
from seed would be good as the house cost a fortune and I am now very
poor

Where are you and what season is it?

If the temperature is suitable then a quick short-term solution is some sort
of grass using the word in the broader sense. This would include things
like millet. Go to the nearest farm produce store where you can get advice
relevant to your climate and buy seed in large bags.

David