Old 25-10-2010, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Gardening problem quick covering plants

"Stevenl" wrote in message

I have just built a house which has a large garden. The house was cut
into the hill and as such I now have massive areas of steep slopes which
need covering to prevent erosion and to look nicer. The question is what
plants can I put on this sloping land that cover very quickly and can
live in sandy soil. A plant that can be grown from seed would be good as
the house cost a fortune and I am now very poor

Our advice is no good since we do not know where you live, let
alone in which direction the garden slopes. Your best bet is to
ask neighbours whose properties are similar. (A friend of mine
gardens very succesfully on a southeast slope in Hants: but
his experience would be little use to you in Norfolk or Wales.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs