Old 26-10-2010, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Saving begonias

On 2010-10-22 10:22:47 +0100, stuart noble
said:

On 22/10/2010 08:06, FiveMins wrote:
snip

It's really great to get so much advice offered, thanks. I am just south
of Manchester, near Macclesfield, so I don't know how the frost we
experienced compared to London etc. I have cut off all the growth that
was killed by the frost& the remaining plants seem to be still 'OK'. I
am going to take the advice& let my plants dry out& if I find that I
have got tubers then I can look after them as suggested.

IME one overnight frost doesn't suddenly kill everything, especially if
it's followed by a sunny day.

Some gardens just down the hill from us have turned black overnight,
apparently.
--

We had a massive frost overnight 24-25 Oct (last night) even the parsley was
drooping this morning.