Old 26-10-2010, 03:20 PM
hollierose hollierose is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone View Post
A nice orchard with about 40 apple trees is about to be destroyed, along
with the farmhouse, in order to build a giant warehouse a mile or so from
us. The (ex-)owner has said we can gather the apples, which we are doing for
our local cider-making project.

BUT - is there any way of saving these trees, short of taking cuttings from
them to graft? Someone proposed digging them up and moving them to another
site, but they're probably too old.

Any opinion welcomed on what to do now. It's all so sad.

someone
What was the outcome in the end? I hope that somehow, some of the trees were saved?
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers