Old 26-10-2010, 11:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Groundhog/Woodchuck Control

JB said:

I've got one hanging around. Looks like a squirrel on steroids. Got a
little dog that thinks he's a big dog. He's not seen the GH/WC yet. Our
vet says he'll lose any altercation between the two.

Anyone have any experience with these critters?

Live trap baited with apples. 'Chum' around the outside with cut pieces,
put the motherload in the back of the trap.

They will sometimes stand their ground and I myself have been charged,
so it's possible they might not run from a small dog (putting it in
danger).

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored