Old 26-10-2010, 01:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Groundhog/Woodchuck Control

On 10/25/2010 8:39 PM, JB wrote:
I've got one hanging around. Looks like a squirrel on steroids. Got a
little dog that thinks he's a big dog. He's not seen the GH/WC yet. Our
vet says he'll lose any altercation between the two.

Anyone have any experience with these critters?

TIA

I use a Hav-a-hart trap baited with peanut butter.
Laws vary on trap and release. Here you can trap but not release and
can kill animal. Kind of stupid and I release anyway to parkland.
Recently learned that it is a good idea to close trap at night as I've
also caught raccoons and skunks.