Old 27-10-2010, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
BellaD BellaD is offline

Default Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

You should not smoosh a stink bug because the scent it lets off will
attract more of them.

On Oct 26, 8:53*am, Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,

*Frank wrote:
On 10/25/2010 11:31 AM, Absolutely Contrary Mary wrote:
OK, I know that they enter a period of dormancy in the winter, but on
sunny days they can be active. *Even at night they may be attracted to
lights in your home. *When they have these temporary active periods,
what do they feed on? *They need food for energy, but we do not have
house plants and I have never seen them on the fresh fruits we keep on
the kitchen counter. *Researched the web but could find no answer to
this specific question. *Thanks

Besides what other poster referenced, I've seen them on my pepper plants
and chestnut trees. *Here in northern DE, their invasion is getting
worse and rest of country will see joy in having them around in years to
come.

http://thurly.net/07u2

*Or

http://books.google.com/books?id=aD0...pg=PA27&dq=sti...
ug+popcorn+vietnamese&source=bl&ots=&sig=baBnQfOhf RzmEguiaM6K-gpRROI&hl=e
n&ei=1s3GTPeXI4Sdlgf9p7DpAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct =result&resnum=4&ved=0C
B4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=stink%20bug%20popcorn%20viet namese&f=false

*I pick them up by hand. *They don't sting and they move slow. *Have
stunned them with a fly swatter but no need to.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade gardenhttp://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplem