Old 27-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Stevenl Stevenl is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenl View Post
I have just built a house which has a large garden. The house was cut into the hill and as such I now have massive areas of steep slopes which need covering to prevent erosion and to look nicer. The question is what plants can I put on this sloping land that cover very quickly and can live in sandy soil. A plant that can be grown from seed would be good as the house cost a fortune and I am now very poor
I think I should come clean and confess that I am a complete gardening numpty. This is the first time I have had a large garden, and I mean large over 2 acres which is going to keep me busy for the next 2 years at least. The garden is in France it is north facing but gets plenty of sun until late afternoon. The soil is sandy. we get blazing hot summers and short very cold winters and a bit of rain. The area is called the Cruese in south central France. Can everybody please be patient with me because there is going to be lots of posts from me asking advice until I get a little more expert at this gardening business.