Old 27-10-2010, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

mogga wrote:
People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year
or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of
the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.
Don

the one show last night?
I noticed them wearing them and thought it was far too early too.

I've decided to declare my support for the BBC and against the Daily Mail by
wearing my poppy now instead of finally remembering to buy one on 10th.