Old 27-10-2010, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default calculating shipping weight for mail order

On 10/27/2010 04:26 PM, shazzbat wrote:
Since there are only 18, I would put the plants on a bathroom or similar
scale one at a time, round up to the nearest Kg per plant, and add them
up. And make a record of each one.

Of course, they may have given them a good watering prior to despatch.
Heavy stuff, water.

Heh, somewhere around a kg per liter as I recall... I doubt they're
watered before shipping, these guys are experts and you certainly
wouldn't want maples sitting around in saturated soil.

I will certainly weigh them, thanks. We'll find out tomorrow. I wonder
whether they've included the weight of the pallet.

-E