Old 28-10-2010, 11:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default the lure of Coca Cola .....

atec77 writes:
They should but our locals don't claiming the sprays more effective\\ I
may have to travel further so if anyone can offer a clue

Coles in Sydney have them, Mortein brand IIRC. I did buy some
Chinese brand from a $2 store, but they weren't nearly as sticky
as the supermarket ones and they hardly caught any flies. And
they seemed to dry up, whereas the good ones stay sticky forever.

I guess you can't shop through Coles online?

Maybe try the local pest controller (Flick man). If he doesn't
have them, he might be able to order them. I have seen a recipe
for making your own (heat sugar and stuff, and dunk strips of
brown paper); there's probably something on the web though the
idea is likely too 'survivalist' for your need. :-)