Old 28-10-2010, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Hellebores

In article , Ann
Lancing writes

Please can anyone recommend a nursery that sells Hellebores.
I saw one last April in Erdigg Hall Gardens and have been trying to get
one like it.
It was double, pink/mauve colour.

Thanks. Ann

There are an AWFUL lot of different Hellebores Ann. They are promiscuous
cross breeders so you never quite now what you are going to get from
seed!
Best place I know is in the Midlands, at Ashwood nurseries. They also
have a special day early in spring when they sell all the Hellebores
they aren't keeping to grow on (they breed them and develop strains
there)
You can't buy them earlier as the nursery waits to see what comes out
when the plants flower but their plants are excellent.

http://www.ashwood-nurseries.co.uk/i...tent&task=view
&id=12

Janet
--