Old 28-10-2010, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hellebores

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ...
Ann Lancing writes

Please can anyone recommend a nursery that sells Hellebores.
I saw one last April in Erdigg Hall Gardens and have been trying to get
one like it.
It was double, pink/mauve colour.

There are an AWFUL lot of different Hellebores Ann. They are promiscuous
cross breeders so you never quite now what you are going to get from seed!
Best place I know is in the Midlands, at Ashwood nurseries. They also have
a special day early in spring when they sell all the Hellebores they
aren't keeping to grow on (they breed them and develop strains there)
You can't buy them earlier as the nursery waits to see what comes out when
the plants flower but their plants are excellent.

http://www.ashwood-nurseries.co.uk/i...tent&task=view
&id=12

Quite agree, we had one off white one and now have quite a few, all self
seeded, and one is a lovely dark purple.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden