Old 28-10-2010, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default [OT] When should you wear Poppies?

In message , Martin
writes
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:58:49 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message ,
writes
mogga wrote:
People who appear on TV seem to be wearing poppies very early this year
or is it my imagination? There are 19 days to go before the 11th day of
the 11th Month.
What is the protocol for this and who decides these matters. I usually
wear a red poppy during the week in which the 11th day falls in.
Don

the one show last night?
I noticed them wearing them and thought it was far too early too.

I've decided to declare my support for the BBC and against the Daily Mail by
wearing my poppy now instead of finally remembering to buy one on 10th.

I'm not that aggressive, I content myself by turning all the top copies
of the Daily Mail over on the news stand so that the back page shows.

and leaving all the copies of the Sun open at page 3?

I don't touch the Sun, too conscious of what can be passed on from the
grubby hands which have already handled it many times.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply