Old 29-10-2010, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Newly planted rhubarb

A couple of weeks ago I planted two crowns of rhubarb, Victoria and
Tiperley Early. They are particularly precious because they're from my
late father's allotment. I have always assumed that rhubarb was fairly
hardy but, with the frosts upon us, I'm worried. Do I need to protect
the crowns from frost? Slugs are already a problem, so I need to deal
with that, but it's the frost issue that's really bothering me and Dr.
Hessayon's advice doesn't seem to cover hardiness ... except in the
matter of forcing.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London