Old 30-10-2010, 02:18 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.gardens
MuahMan MuahMan is offline

Default An Apple apologist... or something else?

On Oct 29, 8:58*pm, Snit wrote:
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post on
10/29/10 5:42 PM:

Steve Carroll wrote:
Recently, a person on this newsgroup, who claims to be a Mac user,
wrote the following statements on the same issue (making aliases in
OSX) :

"It is true, though, that the bug he has found exists with both List
view and Column view. "

... and

"Yup, you found a bug Steve."

Aftfer these "bug" *type statements this Mac user then wrote these
kinds of statements on this issue:

"And Steve wants people to now believe that this does not work the
same on ?his machine... when the problem is *undoubtedly* user error.
Undoubtedly."

... and

"The problem is user error. But Steve likes to make up stories about
the problems he has with his Macs... he does not
accept the fact he is just an incompetent user. "

In the past, this Mac user has also written the following statement
about how he believes he differs from "many in csma""

"Unlike many in csma, I do not focus my views on personalities".

If this person isn't merely focusing on a personality here, isn't this
person being an Apple apologist for claiming something he himself has
labeled as a "bug" in OSX is *"*undoubtedly*" an example of "user
error" by an "incompetent user"?

The "person" you refer to is an idiot who is consumed with his hatred for
you. *Even though he admits it is a bug from Apple he blames you. *He think
you and Steve Jobs are the same person. *I guess last names are too
confusing for him.

Ah, Steve and his sock share the same black and white world view. *So he
(and you, his sock) know the facts:

* Steve Carroll was flat out wrong to deny that you can make
* multiple aliases in OS X.

* I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple
* aliases, and I proved it with a video: http://goo.gl/UdWf

* Steve accepted that my video was correct, but then said that
* it only worked in icon view.

* I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple
* aliases in other views, and I proved it with a video:
* http://goo.gl/beyx

* Steve was right to note that with the other views it is not
* quite the same - the keystrokes have to be done in a very
* particular way. *While this way works with icon view, other
* ways that work with icon view do not work with the other views.
* This is a minor bug - an area of arbitrary inconsistency.

Because Steve does not understand how things are not always black and white
he is, again, lost. *And he will not, of course, admit what is obvious: he
was wrong about OS X not allowing multiple aliases to be made.

Steve showed he was ignorant of the capabilities of OS X. *I not only proved
to him he was wrong, I made a video that showed him how to do it - down to
showing him how and when to use what keyboard keys. *The fact I helped Steve
was, to him, offensive, so he - as he does so often - trolled me and created
another army of socks to "help" him.

Oh: and I predict since I responded to a post of his (well, his socks),
Steve will insist that this means I read *all* of his posts. *He cannot
understand how it cannot be black and white - how someone can read *some*
posts without reading all. *Another sign of Steve's extreme black and white
world view.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]- Hide quoted text -

Jesus H Christ. You two faggots will still be arguing when you're 100.
GET A ****ING LIFE. You two are the most lifeless ****s on the WWW.