Old 28-10-2010, 05:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default OT The Murray-Darling Basin Plan

"0tterbot" wrote in message

on some level, everyone knows that if the river dies then all the towns
along it are going to die anyway, water entitlements notwithstanding.

I'm so glad you mentioned 'some' level of knowledge. I think I'd rate
that level of 'some' as being very low, even if everyone who spends a
small amount of time thinking about the isue should recognise the truth of
that river 'death'. All the bloody whingers give every appearance of
being happy if it happens to someone else's town, someone else's job,
someone else's farm - in fact anything so long as it's not them or theirs.

yes. staggering, isn't it? the really bad bit being that they genuinely want
to profit at someone else's expense!

p.s. i think bob katter is fairly adorable in many ways really,

Splutter!!!! He's as mad as a two bob watch. I admit that is part of his
charm, but he's barmy.

yeah, but so is tony abbott, & HE'S got no redeeming qualities whatsoever!

i don't think total sanity has ever been a requirement for politics :-)

some of bob's ideas are very good, & there's no doubt he genuinely means
well (even when he is being bonky). he kind of undermines himself with the
really out-there stuff, but i admire him for always being prepared to be out
there, quite frankly. (i'm much less impressed with his wholesale revival of
the pointless word "paradigm", but there it is).
kylie