Old 30-10-2010, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Newly planted rhubarb

On 30/10/2010 09:00, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

I have been advised only to dress the soil with bonemeal at planting
time to encourage rooting. In spring, I will feed it on chix poo
pellets .. then stand well back :~)

I am sure next year you will be eating some rhubarb, and you have a good
variety.
Know what you mean about chicken pellets, but they work nicely despite the
pong.

Baz.

Yes, Baz, I know it's a good variety. My father used to get sticks 3'
long! As to the chicken poo, I don't mind the smell at all ... alas, my
neighbours don't feel the same way. Won't stop me though. Heh heh :~}

Thanks again for all your good advice.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London