Old 31-10-2010, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony[_3_] Anthony[_3_] is offline

Default Orchid Phalaenopsis question

I've had this orchid going on 5 years now...the second year I got a
flower and that was in the spring, here on the mid atlantic coast.
Year after year, its getting taller and healthy looking...but not
spikes. It is now about 2 feet high and maybe forced to repot, but a
book i have on orchids recommends to repot only mid spring to mid
summer...of course that depends on the area, i would assume, doesn't
it? and it did not state that. I did repot it a year or so ago. Does
anyone know what i am doing wrong in not getting any flowers? I
fertilize every other watering and maybe that is why its getting so
tall. Stopped now cause of Fall and its in a bright south window with
water at its base for humidity. In fact, it has more humidity now than
the year it did bloom for me under those same conditions..go figure.