Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Lawn

On 1 Nov, 09:48, harry wrote:
On 31 Oct, 13:16, "80/20" wrote:

Came home yesterday to find my wife had scarified the lawn.

Is it too late to over seed it? *If not should I use a particular type
of seed?

Bit late now. September is the time usually recommended in the
Autumn.

Go ahead and sow a good lawn seed,
I once sowed a new lawn in a mild december and the grass was starting
to come up by the new year.
You have the old grass there to give it some protection, and remember
in the wild the seed can stay dormant till spring and still grow away
happily.
If this mils spell lasts for a couple more weeks you could have the
grass growing quite well by then.
Go for it.